Veggie Scramble Medley
Happy New Year! With the holidays behind us, one can’t help but cast an anticipatory glance to the year ahead. As a fresh start, many people pledge to eat cleaner, healthier meals. Here is a good, fresh meal idea to get you started. This one incorporates fresh vegetables such as sweet corn, zucchini, and diced fresh tomatoes on the vine. Although it is the winter months, your local grocer should have these items to help you get started.
Sweet Veggie Scramble
Flat Leaf or Italian Parsley, Chopped
Sweet Corn, shucked and with Kernels removed (or Frozen Sweet Corn Kernels)
Tomatoes (on the vine or Hot House Tomatoes)
Dried Savoury Herb Blend (such as Mrs. Dash Original)
- Add olive Oil into a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Dice tomatoes and zucchini
- Add and combine diced veggies and corn kernels into a pan. Season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs.
- Simmer over medium high heat for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Toss to coat with olive oil and seasoned blend.
- Toss in diced parsley and remove from heat. Plate up and add sliced avocados if desired.